Thursday, October 25, 2012

BlogTalk Radio–After Action Report

medium_1412225I just finished my interview with Bernice Bennett on Research at the National Archives and Beyond.  It was really a lot of fun.  I just hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.  For those of you from the islands, I hope I portrayed our homeland well.

I was wondering how I would fill an hour of interview time but truthfully I covered maybe half of what I wanted to.  There is so much to say about such a tiny place.

If you missed the show, you can still hear it anytime you like, either by looking for Research at the National Archives and Beyond as a podcast on iTunes or on your computer here: http://tobtr.com/s/3764033.  You can even download an mp3 file so you can listen to it over and over again!

If you had questions that I didn’t answer, or if you thought of any, send me a note or leave me a comment.  Also, send me any suggestions of things you’d like to see or see more of (or less of) on 200 Years in Paradise.

Thanks to everyone for listening! Remember you can reach me at paradise200blog@verizon.net

 

 

photo credit: bbaltimore via photopin cc

5 comments:

  1. Dave,
    I enjoyed the radio show immensely. Finding the archives for the Danish data not indexed must have been daunting at first. But as you continued to dig , it turns out to really be blessing in disguise for all of us. By default you are forced to go through so many images, as you explained, you gained so much knowledge in so little time.
    As you spoke about the many images/documents, I wondered if you might have came across any narratives from the Free People of Color or the Un-free population?

    Thank you for sharing your experience.
    Ever-learning.
    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great show David! I loved hearing your enthusiasm and passion for what you do. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave,
    The program was interesting and entertaining. Thank you for sharing your historical journey of self-discovery. You did a great job presenting the listening audience to the unique nature of VI history/culture, especially with regard to plantation life and social classifications (mustice? --You can't make this stuff up!) Especially surprising was your discovery of the Napoleonic-era deaths.

    For the future, I would love to hear more about your Flensburg relatives. How much has been passed down orally from the time of Ludvig Conrad, and what did they know about their "other" family in the West Indies, or was it a well-guarded family secret?
    Very enjoyable. Great job!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arnold van Beverhoudt Jr.October 26, 2012 at 10:55 AM

    David,

    Unfortunately the unreliable internet connection here in the islands didn't let me hear the whole broadcast live, but I'm downloading it now so I can listen to it off-line. Sounds like it was a great success.

    Arnold

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arnold van Beverhoudt Jr.October 27, 2012 at 12:12 PM

    Hi again, David.

    I listened to the downloaded mp3 file with your interview last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. You presented great information on the genealogical and other historical records available for the Virgin Islands, nicely captured the culture of the islands. Excellent!

    Arnold

    ReplyDelete