Monday, September 10, 2012

A New St Croix Family History Blog

I’d like to welcome a new member to the blogging community and the only other Virgin Islands genealogy blog I know of.  My Genealogical Journey traces blogger Shelley Dewese’s experience researching her family.  Like this blog, she shares her personal discoveries as well as bits and pieces of Danish West Indies history as she uncovers them.  Her family, the Bough and Beaudhuy families, have lived in St Croix for over 200 years, in paradise!

Although I don’t know of a connection between our families, there is one person whom I ran across with a very interesting name:  In Oct 1874 a child of one Ernst McNobney Beaudhuy and Mary Duncan was baptized in the Lutheran Church.  The middle name suggests that there may be a maternal relationship with my ancestor, Amey McNobney.  We’ll have to wait and see.

Anyway, please welcome Shelly to the community!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Kudos. It is certainly an honor to be mentioned in your blog, about "my genealogical journey".

    I am going to light a fire under the VI Ancestry group folks; many of whom (thanks to VISHA St. Croix African Roots Project database) have traced family connections, back to Denmark, Ireland and African nations.

    Hopefully the group will be inspired to share their stories and research with the Genealogy Community. Thanks to your recommendation The traffic to my blog is increasing.

    ReplyDelete